Wednesday, 28 June, 2017 - 10:00
Grasses are in bloom. On Tuesday, 23 grass pollen grains per m³ air were collected in Brussels. Pollen concentrations reflect a daily mean value that may vary depending on the weather conditions. Lime and sweet chestnut trees are also in bloom. Allergy symptoms can occur to people sensitized to this pollen type and living in close proximity to these trees.
Good to know:
- Indiviual sensitivity may vary a lot. It is reported in literature that from 50 grass pollen grains per m³, most sufferers sensitized to this type of pollen will experience allergy symptoms.
Several useful recommendations for pollen-allergic people:
- Rigorously follow the treatment prescribed by your physician.
- Don’t mow the lawn, and do not go near places where the lawn is mown.
- Avoid outdoor efforts and activities (sports, physical efforts). Indoor activities are a better option.
- Limit the aeration of your home during the pollen season, preferably during or after the rain. Keep the windows closed when you travel by car.