Good to know
- People sensitized to birch pollen may experience allergy symptoms when hazel and alder pollen densities are high due to the existence of a cross reactivity.
- Information about other European countries is available at www.polleninfo.org
- Small quantities of grass pollen can cause at the beginning of the season, allergy problems in highly sensitive individuals
Tips to mitigate the symptoms:
- Follow the recommendations and the treatment prescribed by the doctor
- Avoid efforts and outdoor activities, indoor sports are suitable
- Keep windows closed when traveling by car
- Moderate the aeration of the house during the pollen season
- Wear sunglasses to avoid contact of allergens with the eyes. Especially in dry and windy weather when the pollen concentrations are high.
- Wash your hair before going to bed.
- Staying on the coast is often beneficial for people with an allergy for birch pollen.
- Do not dry your clothes outside
- Use paper handkerchiefs
- Avoid mowing lawns during the grass pollen season.